Monday, February 23, 2009

Talk To Me


You know that movie "He's just not that into you"? Well, I'm just not that into him... Johnny Bravo, that is. I mean, I know he's super cute, has lots of muscles, is sweet, and is an all around really great guy who is doing his very best in life... but we can't seem to really connect mentally. As long as I've known Johnny Bravo we have always had a lot of fun together. He's a naturally fun guy, and we always go out with fun people, so we always have a ball! Even one on one we have a lot of fun together. But... the talk never gets very deep. I need that. I need someone who is intellectually stimulating. Fun is never hard for me to find, and in the instance I need to, I create it for myself. I hadn't realized it until just recently when we spent 4 days together, just the two of us. I expect that in social settings we would not have particularly deep conversation, and that communication would revolve around what it was that we were doing. In four days there is a lot of time when nothing is really going on. When he's sitting around waiting for me to finish my hair, there was silence. We could have been talking about... anything. It's not as if I know everything about him, and I felt like he was staying very reserved as to his thoughts, for some reason unknown to me. When Johnny Bravo first arrived, I got lost coming home from the airport so we had a lot of car time to fill... after the initial 'how have you been' and 'how is your family' we didn't really have much to say to each other. There was this Really terrible silence that we were both struggling to fill. Later, I wanted to go to anything social, but that fell through so we watched a movie instead. The next day was better. Actually, I think it got a little better every day. We went ice skating that night and I really was having a lot of fun, but largely not due to him. Something between us was kind of off. I can't pinpoint it, but it just didn't flow. I know, everyone who knows Johnny says we should get married, but I'm just not feeling it. The next day we went shopping and visited a very good friend of mine who was here for the week playing in the snow. My friend and I largely carried the conversation until the topic changed to cars. The last day we went to a dinosaur museum and had a really fun time playing. But that's just it, we play well together... but we don't way deep down mesh well. So, sorry for you girls crossing your fingers... me and Johnny Bravo, that's a no-go. Also, a few months after that I was talking to a girl friend of mine who knows a guy friend of his, ans he told her the most fantastic story! Apparently, Johnny was super upset that we weren't getting married!! He told his friend that we got along so well, that we were madly in love (though it's true that hadn't been said), and that we had made a promise to each other! Well, that promise... it was a promise he made to me that he would call me regularly when he got back to AZ. He called when he got off the plane, but months later that had been it. I hadn't felt the needed connection, so I didn't call him, figuring to spare us another awkward conversation. Dear Johnny... I'm confused... and not marrying you. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment