Saturday, February 28, 2009

A New Place

This Alias is a tough one... his name is well-known but his face is only in the mind. So paint yourself a mental picture of this man. He was impossibly beautiful, comparable to the Greek god, Adonis. His facial features were perfect and angular—high cheekbones, strong jawline, a straight nose, and full lips. His hair, which is always messy, is a bronze shade, his eyes are golden with traces of green, he is tall, and has a slender but muscular body. That's the Wikipedia description of Edward Cullen.

My favorite part is his eyes. Not the color, but the fire in them, the intensity maybe. They draw you in, and you don't want to look away. They are amazing and are framed with thick, long lashes. He does have a rather perfect mouth as well, and when he smiles, I can't help but be instantly filled with joy. I was in love with him, at least I thought I was at the time. Edward in my mind stayed handsome forever, but this one would melt like the wax in the afternoon sun. (Anyway, I clearly need to go on)
One day he called me over to his house and when I arrived, it wasn't long before he asked me if I'd like to go to dinner. I said yes and he told me about this new little Italian place he thought I'd like to try. I asked him where it was and he said it was just around the corner. He said it was new, intimate, and that he thought we could enjoy a nice, romantic evening there. Edward started to gather his things to go. He grabbed a jacket, as it was a little chilly out, and his wallet, and keys, and we headed out the front door and down the steps. We walked toward where the car was parked and as we got to the steps that lead to the apartment next door (which also accessed his) he said he forgot something and needed to go back up. We headed back up, he unlocked the door and we went in. Then he set down the jacket, keys and wallet, and helped me out of my jacket as he told me to have a seat at the table. I wondered aloud why we were getting all settled. What could he have forgotten that required so much time that we were obviously not leaving for a while? Edward said he just needed to check something really quick... which didn't make sense, but as he was saying that he turned to the oven, opened it, and carefully took out a perfect little pizza for two. He said "Dinner is served' in his best accent, and as he set it down I saw that it was not just any normal pizza. Edward Cullen had made it himself! ...and what's more he had made it from scratch. It had all the things I like and nothing I don't. He took out some plates and set them before me on the table and as I sat in surprised awe, we commenced an absolutely delightful, and delicious dinner at the most perfect little eatery I have ever been to in my life.

In hindsight, he was a lying, vile, snake in the grass that I wish I had never met... so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment