Friday, February 27, 2009

Age... Just A Number?

Josh Hartnett is such a cute boy... and when I say boy I mean it... he is 19. I met him at church when he sat near me and kept eying me until he finally introduced himself to me. Not kidding, I thought he was really cute from across the room... and I only realized he was a bit younger when we spoke. He asked to sit next to me for the next hour and I said he could. He talked to me through the entire meeting. Did I mind? Well... yeah, kinda... I mean, I don't attend church to have social hour. I prefer to pay attention. Oh well, I just had to focus a little more is all. But, after the second time of him talking through the whole meeting I stopped being available to sit next to. When he talks he requires responses. He was trying to get to know me in the middle of the meeting. I didn't see him much for a while, and it was about to be done before it began... until one night at FHE. Josh Hartnett sat near me and I did my best to act unimpressed at the obvious display of trying to impress me he was doing. It really was actually quite impressive! Afterward, we got to talking and I found that he was interested in my interest in accomplishing my fitness goals, and he wanted to spend time with me, AND he loved to work out. I think he saw an 'in' and took it. I saw the cute guy taking his "in" and took that! I agreed to go out with him when he asked me. After all, it would be good to get to know my new work out trainer... right? ;) Now, at this point I though he was maybe 24 or 25. Young, but not too much younger than I. We went miniature golfing... where I had actually gone only days before with someone else. I prayed that a different employee would be working and I would not be recognized only nights later with a different guy. My prayer was answered, and we had a lot more fun than I'd had before. We had a nice long chat over Dippin' Dots and he was so nervous he could hardly function. I didn't mind, it was really kinda cute. I was in a chatty mood so it worked out fine. Afterward we went to dinner. I had said I was in the mood for something delicious... I mean really, when am I not... and when he prodded I said I really wanted steak. I really did, I love steak. So, Josh Hartnett took me for steak. Now, as we are going in to the restaraunt, we are finally getting around to asking the 'getting to know you' questions. Just as we got up to the host I asked him how old he was. I had to stifle a choke when he said he was 19!!! My youngest sister is older than him!!! Help! Oh NO!!! I'm robbing the Cradle! I'm a Cougar! He's been a legal Adult for only ONE year!!! I'm Wayyyyyyy to old for him!!! ... and he didn't seem to mind in the Least! So, I tried to shove down the yelp, close my wide eyes a little, and for goodness sake, just act normal! I didn't want it to get more awkward than I was already feeling at the moment! We had dinner and nice conversation, which definitely helped, and when we were finished he had asked me to come to his house to see his collection of swords. Of course! I'd told him I like swords and he had said he wields them well... which of course interests me! I really like swords and that might make me more of a nerd than you know me to be, but it's true. We actually had a lot of the similar interests. We went and he showed me lots of things he had, things he'd made, and we had quite a lovely time. The night ended late, but it was quite ok that it did. Early the next morning, far too early for my comfort, there was a knock on the door. I ignored it. Another knock and then the doorbell. I waited a few minutes and dragged myself into consciousness and into my sweater and went to the door. I opened the door and laying there was a dozen pink roses and a card. "Oh!" I gasped, those could have only come from one person. Josh Hartnett. I brought them inside and put them in water. The card read "When we get together we Talk like we'll never run out of time, Laugh like we've had too much to drink, Eat like we've never counted calories, Wonder why we don't get together more often. Our times together are some of my favorites" Then he had written, "I still feel intimidated by you, but I guess that will just Be. I had a great time with you last night, I know these are not your favorite flowers but I think you'll like them" He was right, I did. I couldn't go out with him again. Such a young tender heart that was so wanting to be mine. No, that is just Not right and Not fair, and just would not do, no matter how sweet the gesture. I canceled plans and didn't return texts... I would not do anything to lead that sweet, unharmed boy on. I was not wanting to be the girl who broke his charming heart. Weeks passed, actually about 2 months or so passed until early one morning the doorbell rang. I again dragged myself out of bed to find a vase of red roses and a card. This card read "I think about you in the morning, I think about you all day, I think about you at night. Missing you is a full time job." there was a note about how he would be leaving soon for 14 months to go into the military, some other sweet things said, then signed "Yours Truly, Joshua Hartnett" and it had some pictures inside. I sent him a text thanking him sincerely for his sweet words and sweet gesture and asking him not to drop things by so early in the morning. (He had kinda gotten into the habit of texting really early for me which was practically midday for him) He replied saying that there was more and to go look on the hood of my car. I did and sitting there was a box of my favorite chocolates! Wow! Did all of that make my day or what!?! Two weeks later, he left, and we have text a little, and spoken less. He is a quality, and very good-hearted, and charming guy. So sweet, and so un-jaded. I would absolutely recommend him to any young pretty girl, who deserved a perfect gem of a man... her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment