Friday, October 2, 2015

Young and Beautiful

This 'Alias' is kind of comical. Usually I take an everyday person and choose an actor to be his alias. This person is an actor, so I'm choosing a recogniseable non-actor to play his part. This is Brock O'Hurn. I know, he doesn't quite look like the god you all know him as, but when he was younger, he does look plenty like his alias so that's the picture I'm using.

Last weekend I was at Comic Con. It was my first time going, and amazingly it was all free, except parking! I had a great time, met some great people, and played and danced to my heart's content! For those who don't know, it's three days long. I wore my Black Widow outfit the first and last days, and my Jean Grey on the second day. The past few Halloween's had me prepared, and got me the free tickets. Anyway, so this Alias starts at about lunchtime the third day. I had just finished my photo op with Chris Evans (no alias), and decided it was getting late and I needed food. A few minutes later, I'd gotten my food, set it down at a table, and noticed a gorgeous creature sitting two tables over. He was sitting there with this absolutely glorious hair, piercing blue eyes, and a goatee (which I'm normally not a fan of, but completed the look). He was wearing what looked like maybe a pirate costume or something, with pretty fantastic biceps that were too good to just be casual. This guy was obviously not a regular Comic Con guy. I stared unabashedly, as he stared back, neither of us connecting, just staring. My friend asked me if I was still going to look up whatever it was, and I fumbled, trying to remember what on Earth had just come out of my mouth a moment before. I was completely taken by this man. I sat down, and tried to get back to what was going on around me. Maybe five minutes later, I looked over and he had put that glorious hair in a man bun. I get it, they are alllll the rage in men's hairstyles these days, and that it requires long hair, I am eternally grateful (there's an entire post about it on my other blog)... but there are some people who have hair so unbelievably perfect, it should never be allowed to be restrained. I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go over there, so I excused myself from my table and walked over. As I came over, he smiled, and when I got to him I said, "Hi, um, you are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen, can I take a picture with you?" Yes, I said that. I'm direct, and I'm not afraid of being honest. He smiled and said, "Yes, of course!" We took a few, and then I asked him if he would just do me one teensy little favor, and take his hair down. He kind of laughed and did, and we took a couple more pictures. Then I thanked him, and I'm not sure now exactly how we got there, but we were just staring into each other's eyes for a moment, until I remembered that his friends were there probably wondering what was going on with the awkward girl, haha! I said something about that, thanked him, and went back to my seat. I got into conversation and then I noticed him get up... and head my way. He had this adorable smile on as he asked me if I would send him a copy of that picture. Hahaha, well, if that's the new way of exchanging numbers, then absolutely! He put his name in me phone, Brock O'Hurd, yep, he spelled his name wrong... but I didn't know it at the time. I told him I'd send it to him, and before he left, he came back to confirm that I would. Of course I would, he's Adorable, and so sweet! The next morning I woke up sick. The next morning i also sent him the photo. When he replied we had some conversation over the next four hours.  We talked about likes, dislikes, family, hobbies, normal "getting to know you" questions. He was very flirty, and I was very complimentary. In meeting him, and in conversation, I could tell that he was a good guy. He has a good, clean mind, and golden heart. Whenever I suggested it though, he seemed to want to correct that perception. He wanted me to think he was neither of those things. I know beautiful men tend to be self -deprecating, in an attempt to be viewed as humble, and as long as it's not overkill it's fine. I've learned that when a beautiful man is overly self-deprecating, it's because it's true, and to stay away. Brock wasn't on overkill though, so it was ok. We chatted through the next day, and he asked to come over to my house when I was finished with work. Our conversation through the day had me perfectly convinced that he was good, kind, funny, interesting, mentally stimulating, and a person I'd definitely like to know. Now, I wanted to see him, but I was really sick, and quite miserable. I told him that, and he persisted in his desire to do something spontaneous. Ok, as long as I'm in bed by midnight.

When I opened the door, there was Brock in all the t-shirt and jeans glory a man could have... and that was about the end of what was enjoyable. We sat on the couch and the first thing out of his mouth was that he wanted to know deepest and darkest thing about me. I'm a happy, upbeat girl. I tend not to dwell on the deep, dark things. It took me some time to even think of what I would consider deepest and darkest. I told him he would have to tell me his too, and he agreed. We exchanged what we consider to be the deepest and darkest, and I gotta say, his was Very brooding teenager, and what I would consider to be a very weak, surface answer to that sort of question. Then he said, "Well, now you and I can never see each other again." Uhhhh, what? His entire demeanor changed. His expressions were now a cockiness that is born of insecurity, and a haughty disdain that I didn't understand the purpose of. He kept saying "one more question" and then another and another. I soon realized that he was doing a Lot of lying. That man should not ever play poker, and I imagine, that his acting suffers from it as well. When a person is not used to lying, their body language is Super obvious. They try to hide themselves in their lies. Obvious cues Brock was lying: demeanor changes - he became visually agitated and oddly belligerent by the normal conversation that ensued. There was a lot of eyebrow raising and looking down his nose, or away. He got really fidgety and started looking around the room, down, away, and messing with his hair whenever ha answered a question with a lie. There were times that he physically moved away from me and covered his entire face with his hair in a subconscious attempt to get away from his lies. I wasn't born yesterday, I've experienced a lot of lies in my lifetime, I just didn't understand why he was doing it. I asked him some very open ended questions, and very direct, and he lied through most of them, one after the next after the next as he built a story on them. Before he left, I asked him why he came over. He said that he operates on intuition, and that he had felt he was 'supposed' to come over, and that he was 'supposed' to fulfill a purpose for me. His stab in the dark was that he was there to give me hope about men. Ummm... next try? I felt like he had done a great job of convincing me that young an beautiful men are insecure liars that are not worth my time. He thought I had been inconsistent, and not normal... I hadn't even asked him his age! Haha. I told him that age puts people in a box, and that I didn't want to have all the 'info' that box would put on him. That being said, he is easily google-able... and he's 21. Anyway, he went from being someone I would have enjoyed knowing, to someone I hope grows up before he dates again, and want nothing to do with. The poor guy has no idea how to handle a woman. I went directly to bed when he left, grateful for the evening to be over, and when I woke up my first thought of the new day was, "I wish he hadn't come, I needed the rest so much more than childish games." It's extremely unattractive to be lied to, especially so much, especially for no apparent reason, to a stranger. He was beautiful. He was interesting. He was good. He seemed so normal, and down to Earth. I don't see him the same way after that night. Now to see his face is not enjoyable. It actually makes me cringe. To see his smile makes me think of the constant deceptions beneath it. His form makes me think of the ways he uses it to put himself on a level that he decides if others are worthy of his presence. I gather that most aren't. At the very end of the conversation he revealed that he had lied about some things a person would normally not lie about. He said it to emphasize that he is above pretty much everyone around, in that area. I mean really. I asked him 1-10 and he said 11 without batting an eye. Well kiddo, I see now why you don't like yourself. I would have to agree. Don't worry, if you stay as good as you really are, and stop fighting the typecast of your life, you'll figure it out when you're older... or rather, when you mature. Then you'll be Amazing. Until then, you are no longer young and beautiful to me. You're just a child whose body is outgrowing you. I feel bad for the next girl that wants a picture with you.

Sorry real Brock O'Hurn... I wish your alias was a nicer guy. I would have written that story if he'd given it.

No comments:

Post a Comment